The controller is responsible for all operational tasks surrounding Surfly finances and its KPI's. You have a background in accounting and business economics and are able to create financial reports, set up business analytics, create projections as well as financial roadmaps.
You are accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
We need someone that is hands on, understands the goal of the company and translate this into projections and forecast but also participates in the daily grind of things, control budget and chase receivables.
- Create financial reports
- Create financial projections
- Guard budgets
- Guard burn-rate and cashflow
- Monitor and setup procedures to chase receivables
- Identify and monitor key business metrics, such as MRR and NPS
- 25 holidays and approx. 7 national holidays per year
- ability to participate in a stock-option plan
- Paid holiday leave
- Tax benefits for foreign employees
- 90% of salary when ill (Dutch rules apply)
- Nice office located in the centre of Amsterdam
- Reimbursement of costs for conferences etc.
- Work permits for non European Union citizens based on our status as “kenniswerkgever”
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding financial accounting ability and balance Sheet management.
- Strong understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
- Analytical thinking with an ability to see the big picture while also paying attention to detail.
- A proven track record of planning and managing deliverables in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong ability to work across different teams and communicate to all levels of management.
- Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- A Msc degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.