Head of Growth
Surfly is a high-growth and award-winning Amsterdam-based start-up building interaction middleware that can share, secure and change web experiences. We help our clients thrive in the era of digital transformation and remote product / service distribution, especially in highly regulated industries.
Our flagship product, co-browsing, enables leading organisations to enhance their customers’ journey in a fast and intuitive way. With features like video chat, secure document signing, PDF document completion, and file sharing, our powerful technology and API first approach enables our customers to innovate faster and create collaborative online experiences where both parties can take control and feel like they are sitting side-by-side.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a growth leader, a technology enthusiast, and a master of efficiency – someone with strong execution skills who will ensure our performance is in alignment with our business goals. The Head of Growth will be responsible for leading the company’s strategy and execution of acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization, including all related Marketing and Product functions. This person is a seasoned leader and will hire / develop / lead a strong team and play an integral role in growing Surfly.
What you'll do:
- Define a company-wide growth strategy and plan for acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Work with a team of direct reports in marketing, product and data science to deliver on the growth plan
- Deeply understand our customers, use cases and user journeys
- Employ robust data science, analytics and experimentation methods
- Define and optimize the right acquisition / engagement loops and linear funnels
- Optimize metrics including CAC, LTV, Revenue Creation, Payback Period, Revenue Retention, ARPPU, and others.
- Design and implement acquisition growth through paid and owned media channels
- Partner deeply with the creative / brand marketing teams to develop and optimize assets to fuel growth marketing initiatives
- Partner deeply with Engineering teams to define and implement strategies and initiatives that drive user acquisition, engagement retention and monetization
- Ensure Surfly has the most efficient tools, systems and processes to drive sustainable growth
- Grow and lead a team that impacts customer growth and contributes to Surfly’s values
- Partner closely with data team to design analytics and monitoring tools including dashboards, reports and alerts
- Consistently explore opportunities for innovation and testing via emerging tech, new vendors, platforms, and proactively delivering recommendations to management and the broader team
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and report key insights and findings for the broader executive team and other stakeholders on a recurring basis
- Define dashboards to allow real time access to KPI against goals across the organization and actionable insights
- Forecast and budget with accuracy
What We Offer:
- You'll be an early member of a fast-growing company
- Work on a team of highly skilled and talented professionals. You will have a possibility to directly impact our business with minimal bureaucracy
- Sitting/standing desk, new Macbook and a big screen
- Stock options - be an owner!
- Beautiful office located in the centre of Amsterdam and canal views
- 25 days of holiday
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 3+ years of Marketing / Product / Growth or related experience
- A successful track record of executing growth strategies for start-up and/or hyper-growth products/services
- Strong performance marketing and CRM experience
- Deep experience with A/B testing and experiment design
- Deep marketing technology background interacting with tools and platforms such as: Stripe, Tableau, SQL, Python, Salesforce, Google Ads, GA, SEO, Mixpanel
- Skilled at negotiating deals with key service providers
- Be high-energy and be able to infuse and bring out intensity, positivity, passion, creativity, enthusiasm, and focus in teams
- Strong cross-functional leadership presence to create strong buy-in and support with technical, creative and operational groups
- Be scrappy and hands-on and nimble
- Bachelor's degree or higher with quantitative focus.