Mid/Senior Django developer
Surfly is an Amsterdam-based start-up building interaction middleware that can share, secure and change web experiences. We help our clients thrive in the era of digital transformation and remote product / service distribution, especially in highly regulated industries.
Our flagship product, co-browsing, enables leading organisations to enhance their customers’ journey in a fast and intuitive way. With features like video chat, secure document signing, PDF document completion, and file sharing, our powerful technology and API first approach enables our customers to innovate faster and create collaborative online experiences where both parties can take control and feel like they are sitting side-by-side.
Who we're looking for:
We have an unrivalled co-browsing solution built on an advanced proxy, and as we rapidly scale and grow, we are facing unique challenges.
We are looking for a Django developer familiar with the most recent trends and best practices in web app development to help us get to the next level.
At Surfly you will be working on our dashboard web app that is built with Django and Vue.js, and that is a key component of technology.
As a Django developer at Surfly, you will:
- Build well-structured and maintainable code
- Implement new features for hundreds of thousands of users
- Improve existing functionality by making things faster, cleaner, and more reliable
- Maintain and improve the REST and Embed APIs
- Develop integrations with 3rd parties
- Contribute to architectural decisions
In addition to Django and Vue.js, our stack also includes: Redis, celery, Golang, Node.js, HAProxy, NGNIX, etc.
- You will work in a small team of highly skilled engineers. You will have a possibility to directly impact our end product with minimal bureaucracy.
- You'll be an early member of a fast-growing company
- Sitting/standing desk, new laptop and a big screen
- Beautiful office located in the centre of Amsterdam and canal views
- Reimbursement of costs for conferences etc.
- 25 days of holiday and approx. 7 national holidays per year
- Tax benefits for foreign developers (30% ruling)
- Work permits for non-EU citizens based on our status as “kenniswerkgever”
- Pragmatic and getting-things-done attitude
- Great problem-solving skills
- Engineering mindset
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Experience building Django and Django REST Framework (DRF) applications
- Experience with unit tests and testing frameworks (Selenium, pytest, unittest)
- Experience with celery
- Experience with caching/CDN and web services
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Vue.js, React or Angular is a plus
- Knowledge of database internals is a plus