Sales Development Representative (internship)
You will be joining a rapidly growing company at a very exciting time!
Surfly is looking for an ambitious intern or university graduate that is interested in a career in tech sales to step into the role of Sales Development Representative. You are not scared of speaking to strangers (even though mom told you not to!), your Internet navigation skills rival those of Cats, you are as tenacious as a Honey Badger, you have the teamwork skills to rival those of a pod of Orcas and an enchanting smile like a Hyena's - because smiling helps dialling! (ok, maybe not a constant smile, that would be a bit scary). Maybe you have your own spirit animal so please don't take these analogies too literally :) The successful applicant has the opportunity to grow with the company, learn the ropes of tech sales and make magic happen!
- Developing sales strategies to draw in potential buyers or to solicit new potential customers.
- Initiating contact with potential customers through cold-calling or responding to inquiries generated from advertisements.
- Use a mix of calling, emailing and social selling and growth marketing techniques to generate meetings for the sales team
- Creating relationships with customers to identify their potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales.
- Presenting product information and demo'ing to customers once you have identified their needs.
- Moving solid leads through the marketing funnel, connecting them to a salesperson, and arranging in-person meetings, emails, or phone calls.
- Collaborating with the Sales and Marketing Teams to ensure the company's goals and targets are met.
- Focussed on building awareness and engagement of the Surfly brand
- Help build and keep our CRM up to date.
- 25 holidays and approx. 7 national holidays per year
- ability to participate in a stock-option plan
- Paid holiday leave
- 90% of salary when ill (Dutch rules apply)
- Nice office located in the centre of Amsterdam
- Experience in software and/or web technology companies is a plus!
- You are a highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who loves to work in a diverse and international team
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamworking, and customer service skills.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Good telephone etiquette and computer literacy skills.
- A business or technology focussed university degree