We are looking for a hands-on technical superhero who loves to help people. A good samaritan who focusses on solutions rather than problems and who can keep their cool in any situation.
As a Surfly Support Manager, it's your number one responsibility to manage all communication channels and to make sure that any incoming message is answered in no-time. You will be able to keep an overview of all support tickets and you'll track them from first report to resolution. You will have an active role in investigating the issues and making sure that dev, sales and more importantly our clients get regular status updates. More specifically, the support manager will work with the customer success manager and technical sales engineer to get an understanding of priorities with regard to client issues and he/she will be able to communicate this to dev. Finally, you will make sure that all documentation is up-to-date and that you will translate user feedback into improvements in our FAQ and docs.surfly.com.
You will start with first and second line support, but down the line there's plenty of room to grow into a support engineering role where you'll dive into third line support, bug fixes, monitoring API usage and proposing or even implementing improvements for our APIs based on real-life integration needs.
- Greet customers (face-to-face, on the phone, or via live chat).
- Identify customer problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- Maintaining SLAs
- Check voicemail, chat, and/or electronic queue frequently to identify customers who need service.
- Proactively follow up leads and reach out to understand customers’ problems.
- Create/update help tickets to document customer interactions.
- Escalate complex support issues to higher level supervisors/manager.
- Provide information about product specifications.
- Interact with other internal departments to resolve customer issues.
- Provide internal feedback regarding reoccurring issues (e.g. improper packaging, internal miscommunication) that can affect customer satisfaction.
- Train/support other representatives within the team.
- Maintain and manage support documentation
- 25 holidays and approx. 7 national holidays per year
- ability to participate in a stock-option plan
- Paid holiday leave
- 90% of salary when ill (Dutch rules apply)
- Nice office located in the centre of Amsterdam
- Reimbursement of costs for conferences etc.
- Ability to develop strong, lasting relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Knowledge of the web and APIs
- Technical background and experience in IT
- Ability to create and deploy simple test pages and prototypes for demos/debugging/documentation
- You know your way around the developer tools and terminal